Things I’ve decided I can’t live without….
I can live without anything really, we call can, but why the heck would I want to is the question.
The challenge with having Lupus, beyond the obvious, are the quirky symptoms that come out of nowhere and catch you totally off guard. Everyday feels like you are in a different body.
I hate to say this because it sounds so defeating but there will probably never again be a day in my life free of pain or discomfort. Of course there will be much better days than others, but I will never be the same as I once was.
Because of the negative affects of Lupus on my mental wellbeing I need to take self care, to a whole new level. This is my list of things that make me happy, that bring me peace of mind, things that make the bad days seem not as bad.
“These are a few of my favourite things…” *sing along with me*
- I would of course start with my husband and beautiful daughter but they aren’t fans of my calling them “things”. Neither do my dogs but my home isn’t a home with out dogs.
- Water, beach, pool, lake, river, I need to spend time near water
- Large almost body length heating pad
- Contoured bamboo memory foam pillow
- My Vitamix Blender. Smoothies are my go to easy, anti inflammatory meal or snack http://www.vitamix.ca
- Weightlifting. I know you find this one hard to swallow but the greater my physical strength is the greater my mental fortitude is. Which is needed to live with Lupus.
- Hand made ceramic mugs
- Kalaya pain rub http://www.kalaya.ca
- Milk frother, homemade almond milk lattes anyone?
- Loose leaf organic rooibus and green tea
- Breville IQ kettle http://www.breville.ca
- Kombucha. My favourites so far are Rise and Live, Live is made organically in my hometown of Guelph, Ontario. I love to shop locally supporting my community
- My eye pillow http://www.shophalfmoon.com
- Inner fire yoga pants http://www.myinnerfire.com
- Lululemon scuba hoodies http://www.shop.lululemon.com
- Books (see my favourite book list, coming soon)
- Excalibur dehydrator http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com
- Himalayan salt lamp
- Essential oils http://www.doterra.com
- Essential oil scented candles
- Essential oil diffuser for both the home and car
- Buffy by Lush http://www.lush.ca
- Chiropractic and massage treatments
- Foam roller and lacrosse ball for the same rolling therapy
- Yoga mat for yoga and/or daily stretching and meditation
- Tarte – lippie lingerie matte tint http://www.tartecosmetics.com
- Tarte – false lashes. This is such a simple way to go makeup free and still look a little more “done up” than usual.
- Tarte – lash paint
- Pure 7 chocolate http://www.pure7chocolate.com
- Eminence organic skin care products http://www.eminenceorganics.com/ca
- Smart Sweet gummy bears http://www.smartsweets.com
- Jaskson’s Honest Sweet Potato Chips http://www.jacksonshonest.com